We offer a document filing service and are not affiliated with any government agency

Apply for IRS Tax ID / Federal EIN NumberGet your Tax ID/EIN in Minutes!

Reasons why you need a Tax ID/EIN

Starting a business
Applying for business loan
Protecting your personal identity
Opening a bank account
Forming a new LLC
Becoming a Sole Proprietor
Hiring employees
Acting as Executor of Estate
Setting up a Trust
Filing tax returns
Organizing a Non Profit
Other IRS compliance reasons

Need Help Choosing Your Entity?

Sole Proprietor / Individual Tax ID/EIN

If you're self-employed or an independent contractor and plan on running a business that's not incorporated with the state a sole proprietorship is the simplest and most common business structure in use today.

Limited Liability Company Tax ID/EIN

Now that you've formed your LLC with the state the next step to doing business is obtaining an EIN. Once your EIN is issued by the IRS for your LLC you can open a new business bank account and be on your way to conducting business in no time.

Non Profit Organization Tax ID/EIN

Are you planning on starting a Non Profit Organization that uses surplus revenues to achieve the organization's goals instead of distributing them as profit or dividends? If so, you'll need an EIN for your Non Profit Organization.

Trust Tax ID/EIN

Trusts can be arranged in many different ways and can specify exactly how and when assets pass on to beneficiaries. There are several different types of trusts depending on your needs. Regardless of what type of trusts you form, you'll need an EIN.

Estate of Deceased Individual Tax ID/EIN

If you're representing an Estate as the Executor, Administrator or Personal Representative you'll need an EIN to do a few things including opening a bank account for the Estate and distributing real and personal property, cash or other assets.

Corporation Tax ID/EIN

A Corporation is also called a C Corp and it's an independent legal entity owned by shareholders. This means the Corporation itself, not the sharehloders that own it, is liable for the actions/debts it incurs. EINs are required for Corporations.

S-Corporation Tax ID/EIN

An S-Corporation is also called an S Corp and it's a special type of corporation created through an IRS tax election. S-Corps can avoid double taxation once to the corporation and again to the Shareholders. You'll need and EIN for an S-Corporation.

Partnership Tax ID/EIN

Are you starting a business where two or more people will share ownership and contribute to all aspects of the business including money, property, labor and skill? In a Partnership each partner shares in profits/losses and an EIN is required.

How It Works

Applying for a new Employer Identification Number (EIN) or Federal Tax ID Number can be a simple process or a rather complex matter. The level of difficulty will ultimately depend on your specific situation from what entity type your applying for, whether or not you’ve had a previous EIN, if your business name has any conflicts at the state level, etc. Furthermore you may have already attempted to obtain an EIN on your own from the IRS and were given an error code. Not to worry because our service was built to simplify the entire EIN filing process from start to finish. We’ll work on your behalf as your assigned third party designee with the IRS to make sure your filing is done in a fast and accurate manner. We have years of experience filing EIN Numbers on behalf of our clients and we’d love the opportunity to assist you.


We realize your time is important and you have several other business matters to deal with outside of federal filings. Allow our experienced staff to prepare and process your EIN application on your behalf.


Don’t risk your EIN application being denied or delayed as a result of errors or additional required documentation. Our customer support team can do all of the work for you to simplify the entire EIN filing process.


Your security is extremely important to us. We use Secure Socket Layers (SSL) encryption technology and we are also PCI compliant to make sure your personal information is always safe and secure from prying eyes.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is a Federal Tax ID / Employer Identification Number (EIN)?

An EIN Number is also referred to as a Federal Tax ID or Tax ID. An EIN Number is similar to a Social Security Number (SSN) for a business. EIN Numbers are issued by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in order to identify businesses for tax related purposes. The most common reasons for obtaining an EIN Number include: starting a business, opening a bank account, hiring employees, applying for business licenses, and purchasing an existing business.

Is there a difference between a Federal Tax ID and Employer Identification Number (EIN)?

At the federal level a Tax ID and EIN is essentially the same thing. At the state level there’s also a State Tax ID Number that is different from a Federal Tax ID / Federal EIN. So it’s important not to confuse a Federal Tax ID or Federal EIN with a State Tax ID Number. A State Tax ID Number is assigned to a business by the state in which the business operates and can be used to file taxes and hire employees. Most states require businesses to have a State Tax ID Number when selling goods or services or when hiring employees.

How will I receive my new EIN Number and how long will it take?

You will receive your new EIN Number in an email sent to the email address you list on your application. You can choose between our Standard Processing (1-2 business days) and Rush Processing (60 minutes or less). Which processing option you prefer will depend on how quickly you need your EIN.

What is the cost to file for an EIN Number using your service?

Standard Processing (1-2 business days) is $247.00 and Rush Processing (60 minutes or less) is available for $277.00.

In the event we cannot obtain your EIN for any reason your fee will be refunded in full. Please understand that processing times can be delayed if your application contains errors or the IRS requires additional documentation.

If I have a question regarding my EIN Application who should I contact?

Our staff has years of experience filing EIN Applications on behalf of our clients and would be happy to assist you. Simply visit Contact Us or email us directly for further assistance.
© EIN-IRS-Tax-Number.com 2024 All Rights Reserved.     Apply for EIN Services & Pricing FAQ EIN Errors Contact Us Privacy Policy Terms of Use